Adult Protective Services
The Salem County Office on Aging provides Adult Protective Services to people age 60 and older or those disabled 18 and over in the following situations:
1. When there are allegations of abuse, neglect, or exploitation.
2. When a customer is incapable of having control over his or her own life because a physical or mental disability.
3. When institutionalization, guardianship, hospitalization, or relocation may be required.
Other services provided by Adult Protective Services may include:
1. An attorney may be consulted to determine if legal action is needed.
2. A psychiatrist may be contacted to evaluate the customer, and if necessary, other persons involved in the situation.
3. Arrangements can be made for meals and homemaker services.
4. The police, medical services financial institutions and other family members may be contacted for assistance or information.
If you, a friend, or family member needs Adult Protective Services, please contact the Salem County Office on Aging at or 856-451-1207 ext. 8622.
Office on Aging